2030 E. 4th St. Suite #229
Santa Ana, California 92705
Ana, Pomona, Riverside, Santa Fe Springs.
Fax: (949) 493-3131
Doctor of Philosophy,(Psychology), Southwestern University, Arizona, 1983. Master of Arts, (Psychology),
California State University at Long Beach, 1974.
Community College Instructor Credential.
State of California, 1974.
Marriage, Family, and Child Therapist, State of California, 1974.
Certification in Clinical
Hypnosis, State of California, 1977.
• Executive Director (Owner), Aspen Assessment & Treatment Service. 1980 to Present.
• Direct operations of a Forensic Psychiatric Center.
• Hire and train psychiatrists, psychologists, clerical staff.
• Consult with insurance companies & claims examiners.
• Conduct Court-ordered “730” Custody Evaluations.
• Provide legal support & consultation with attorneys.
• Interview claimants involved in litigation-all types.
• Oversee multiple locations and various physicians.
• Evaluate referrals prior to acceptance.
• Provide psychotherapy
to injured workers as required.
• Provide psychological testing as required.
• Psychotherapist, PrivatePractice,
1977 to Present
General practice, ranging from severly mentally
disturbed to individual and couple psychotherapy. Brief therapy orientation & medication management.
Workplace violence issues, victimology, domestic violence, custody and divorce, personal growth, & family issues.
• Founding Director, Straight Talk Clinic Inc., Cypress, California. 1972-1973.
• Mental Health Worker II,
Drug Abuse Services,County of Orange, California, 1975-76,
• Provide psychotherapy at County Clinics.
and Intern Supervisor, County of Orange, California, Outpatient Services.
• Provide Psychotherapy at County Clinics,
Conduct 5150 Assessments, 1975-1978.
• Family and adolescent therapist, County of Orange, California,.Childrens Services,
Psychotherapist for Adolescents, 1978-1979.
• Consulting Psychologist, Proctor & Gamble Co., Long Beach, California,
• Directed all mental health services for 850 employees during 3 year site closure.
Director (Owner), Aspen Drug Diversion Program. Santa Ana & Fullerton, California, ‘94 to ‘98.
Direct a Court-Ordered
-30 hour first offenders educational program.
Develop protocols, forms, laboratory procedures, guidelines.
• Supervise drug counseling staff., liason with courts, fullfilled State & County criteria.
• Clinical Consultant, Trinity Homes - Corona, California, Treatment of adolescent sex offenders, inpatient,’ 97-’98.
Design and improve existing programs for 3 counties, provide treatment to multiple - dual - diagnosed patients, ‘98
• California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) -
Life Member and Instructor.
County Workers Compensation
• Defense Association, Member & Lecturer.
• Drug Abuse Treatment Providers and Prevention
Association, Orange County - Past Board Director.
The Effect of Vitamin B-12 On Memory In The Cue To Consequence Relationship,
Master of Arts, Degree Dissertation
- January, 1974.
Sexual Dysfunction: The Identification of the Problem and Therapeutic Interventions, -
for Family Therapists, Doctor of Philosopht Dissertation. January, 1983.
The Hostile Client - A
California Workers' Comp Inquirer, Vol. 3, No. 11, May, 1986.
Of Cops and Shrinks, monthly
The Relable Source, Santa Ana Police Benevolent Association. 1984 to 1990.
A novel, Pulished 2003.
Workshops and Lectures:
Compensation, and Psychotherapy", Western State University,
College of Law. Fullerton, California. ‘85 to ‘91.
"Prevention of Stress Claims", Lecturer & Instructor, Personnel and Industrial
Association Inc. (PIRA). ‘87-’ 90.
Instructor, Insurance Education Institute, ‘88 -’93.
NOTE: As Clinical Director of Aspen Psychiatric Services, Dr. Spatz has
been a part of a psychiatrist-psychologist
team and has been involved in
over 5000 Forensic Psychiatric Evaluations with 8 different psychiatrists
over the last 25 years.